Sunday, September 15, 2013

I'M GOING TO RUSSIA!!

So, yeah, no big deal, just going to RUSSIA on Monday morning. 

So we got our flight plans on Thursday! We leave the MTC at 4:30 AM and our flight leaves around 8:30 AM. We'll fly for about 15 hours. We should get to Russia around 10:30 AM Russian time. The day we get there, we're going to be thrown into the middle of Red Square by St. Basil's cathedral, and we start contacting right away! How crazy is that? I think I might pee a little. 

Anyway, this week has been one of many trials and tests, but I can honestly say that I have never felt like my faith has been strengthened so much. Amidst the tears and prayers and laughs and lessons, I've learned to honestly put my trust in my Heavenly Father. I've learned that trusting Him is really the only option that I have. I know that I can't fix things, but if I have faith in Heavenly Father, things will work out for my benefit. And He takes care of things way better than I ever could. He knows each of us. He knows our name, He knows us personally. And having faith in Him is of utmost importance. 

This week my companions and I were also released as the Sister Training Leaders. I can honestly say that this calling has been my favorite calling that I've ever had. I've gotten to know these sisters so well. I'm going to miss all the new friends that I've met here at the MTC. But I know that the time has come to go on my big adventure! Russia awaits, and in 5 short days I will be there. It's hard to believe that it's actually happening sometimes. But I know that once I get there, it will all become very real! 

Sorry that I don't have much news this week. All we've been doing is reviewing, practicing, and getting ready to go to Russia. The study time here is so intense, but it's exactly what we need. The language is coming along, and each day we feel more comfortable. I just can't wait to get to Russia and speak Russian WITH A RUSSIAN. How crazy is that going to be? And the next P-Day letter I'll have for you is going to be FROM RUSSIA. Did you know I'm going to RUSSIA?? Hahah, I couldn't be more excited. I can't wait to get out into the field and teach the gospel to those who need it the most. 

Anyway, I don't have much time, but I wanted to let you all know that I love you so much. I love your letters and emails. Also, I wouldn't send anymore hand written letters after Thursday, because chances are, I won't get them. It looks like emails are going to be the best route from here on out. I don't trust the Russian mailing system! So let's stick with emails, and I'll do my best to email each of you back! I love getting stories and updates from all of you! I can't wait to hear all your adventures!

Well, it looks like I've run out of time. Please keep me updated! I can't wait to hear from you. I'll see you soon. I love you. I pray for you. I miss you. I LOVE YOU!

All my love,

Sister Biorn

No comments:

Post a Comment